With the festive season here, SMAK Deli are revealing their secret Amaretto Cheesecake recipe for you to treat your loved ones this holiday.
Amaretto Baked Cheesecake
30g toasted almonds
70g amaretto biscuits
100g tennis biscuits
50g butter, melted
210g castor sugar
600g cream cheese
10ml vanilla extract
75ml amaretto liqueur
70g toasted almonds, roughly chopped
- Preheat your oven to 160° Line the base of a 20cm spring-form cake tin with baking paper and wrap aluminium foil over the base and sides of tightly to prevent any water from leaking into the tin while baking.
- Blitz all the dry ingredients for the base in a food processor to a fine crumb and then add the melted butter and mix in well. Spread the biscuit base over the base of the lined tin and press down gently to compress and form an even layer.
- To make the filling, beat the eggs ad castor sugar with an electric whisk until pale and fluffy. Add the cream cheese and vanilla and continue to whisk until the mixture is smooth. There must be no visible lumps.
- Add the amaretto into the mixture and mix until combine then pour the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth out the top.
- Place the cake tin into a bain marie (a high sided roasting dish filled with hot water). The water must only go about half way up the tin.
- Bake the cheesecake for 1 hour then turn the oven off and open the door slightly. This slows down the cooling process and prevents the cheesecake from cracking.
- Leave the cheesecake in the oven until it reaches room temperature then refrigerate overnight to set completely.
- To serve the cheesecake, remove from the fridge and sprinkle the nuts over the top.